27 October 2008

WOD 24OCT08, 25OCT08

24OCT08

Was visiting friends at WSU and worked out at the rec with Dwinson. Good times and I repped with a CrossFit tee and, of course, the "crazy" pullups. Lot of stares = fun.

21-15-9 reps for time:
db hang squat cleans, 35lbs
pullups

5:02

I should've went with the originally planned weight of 45lbs, but i still haven't been doing THAT well with workouts and I was trying to show off a little. After resting and talking to a couple of folks about what we were doing we decided to work on front squats.

front squats 5-5-5-5-5

45-95-135-155-165

and then 3 sets of 20 back extensions (because they have a glute-ham developer!)

250CT08

WSU workout part two:

"Dianne"
21-15-9 reps for time:
deadlift, 185lbs (modified from the orginal 225lbs)
handstand pushups

4:18

My PR for "Dianne" is actually 5:00 with the prescribed weight, but I'm definitely not as strong or as focused as I was last time. I'm moving up slowly, but surely. After putting Dwinson through the same workout and watching some other WSU CrossFitters do the "Filthy Fifties" we did tabata squats. I scored a 23. My PR is 26. Taught everyone how to snatch and they continued to do that to their hearts content. Put John through a workout similar to mine the day before:

21-15-9 reps for time:
db squat cleans, 30lbs
ring pushups

That one seemed fun... maybe I'll try it sometime. Maybe tonight. My body is aching like a motherfugger though. Too much went on this weekend! Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SAY SOMETHING.