07 October 2008

"The Warmth" // Incubus

I'd like to close my eyes and go numb
but there's a cold wind coming from
the top of the highest high-rise today

It's not a breeze 'cause it blows hard
Yes, and it wants me to discard
the humanity I know- watch the warmth blow away

So don't let the world bring you down
Not everyone here is that fucked up and cold
Remember why you came and while you're alive
experience the warmth before you grow old

Do you think I should adhere
to that pressing new frontier
and leave in my wake a trail of fear?

Or should I hold my head up high
and throw a wrench in spokes by
leaving the air behind me clear?

Don't let the world get you down
Not everyone here is that fucked up and cold
Remember why you came and while you're alive
Experience the warmth
before you grow old

No comments:

Post a Comment

SAY SOMETHING.