12 October 2008

LIAB

The stress I have at the moment is manifesting itself into an physical sickness. This is boo boo. The only time I really ever get ill is when I'm down emotionally. Makes you realize how strong the mind/body connection is.

Anyway, my saving salvation was some Q.T. w/ some certain people. First, my homeboys (see: brothers) kept me busy and kicked me in the ass to get me busy again. A MILLION THANKS to Dan. I really needed Friday morning to add build some morale and, most importantly, reinstate some hope that was running on fumes. Marc, thanks for helping me see the other options and to stay focused. Joe, thanks for keeping shit fun. Your "fuck all" attitude makes me stronger when you're around. Mikey- you've always got my back whenever I need it or not, thanks for making me feel invincible. The second group of people are acquaintances. Believe it or not, y'all make me happy. I've always felt like the small fish in the big pond. I've lived in the city now for over 3 years and I've wanted to reach out because I absolutely love meeting new people, but I've been lazy and probably haven't had the proper outlets (still- no excuses). Regardless, when I can be in environments where I can be comfortable (anywhere but work, I can't be in "professional" mood) I have the most fun. Big up to the Ashworth Estate and all the people who live/hangout/party there. Thirdly, quality time getting some fresh gear is always fun. I got those Boba Fett dunk sb's and a dope Boba Fett tee, among some other stuff.

dope kids, dope kicks

So this coming week my focus has got to be on more time management. A lot of things need to be done so that I get out of this slump. I'm glad that I'm "down here" at the bottom- it means the only other way is up now (=

This almost made me tear up when I first heard it. I did the whole 'turn down the lights and lay in bed' as the album plays thing. The lyrics and subject matter are very familiar. I present to you my current theme song:

"Leave It All Behind" - The Foreign Exchange
Hey baby boy lying sound asleep
I hope you dream of lullabies and clowns
The more you open your eyes the harder to believe
So here's a song for you when you are down

Cause only heaven knows what to make of these changing times
Before tonight let's just leave it all behind
I know this world is so cold but don't let teardrops change your mind
So for tonight let's just leave it all behind

Hey baby boy lying sound asleep
They say a child like you's one of a kind (God will guide us)
We dream of life playing in the sun
So please don't ever be afraid to shine

Cause only heaven knows what to make of these changing times
Before tonight let's just leave it all behind
I know this world is so cold but don't let teardrops change your mind
So for tonight let's just leave it all behind


I suggest you pick this album up this Tuesday if you haven't purchased it on iTunes already.

I wonder what tomorrow will bring..

No comments:

Post a Comment

SAY SOMETHING.