05 November 2008

WOD 05NOV08

thanks for going at this WOD with me bro

as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes:

10 pullups
10 thrusters, 65lbs

13 rounds + 10 pullups

At first I thought this would be an easy workout because it's a gymnastics movement (my specialty) along with a "light" weight-lifting movement*. DAMN did that weight get heavy with the quickness. If you've ever done a workout involving multiple thrusters then you have my respect. Thrusters are front squats followed by a push press and they are a bitch. It's almost the polar opposite of rowing, movement-wise and there is such a metabolic/muscular strain on your body. I also got a blood blister:

you should actually see Linda's hand.

I had some motivation to use today, but working out doesn't make me as happy as it once did. I really think my nutrition (or lack thereof) is fucking my shit up. Blahblahblah...

*CrossFit organizes all movements into one of three distinct catagories:
  • Monostructural Conditioning (aka "cardio) - Movement rhythmic in motion and use the oxidative energy pathway [Ex: running, rowing, biking, swimming, jump roping, etc.]
  • Gymnastics - Using the body as the main mode of resistance. The aim is body control [Ex: squat, pullup, pushup, dip, sit-up, back extension, burpee, rope climb, etc.]
  • Weight Training - Using an external object as the main mode of resistance. [Ex: anything that utilizes a tool- dumbbells, barbells, kettlebells, medicine balls, sledge hammer, tire, kids, etc.]
We mix these up in various (if not random) ways. That way we work on both our strengths and weaknesses limits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SAY SOMETHING.