23 September 2008

Aha!

While the fire of the new blog is still hot, I'm going to try to get it done!* I'm still over at my sister's joint, known as The Ashworth Estate where six (not so) strangers picked to live in a house work together and have their lives taped to find out what happens when people stop being polite and start getting real. After watching the badass premiere of Heroes, most of the dudes went downstairs to play pool. The ladies proceeded to knit and I started working on a crossword. Danica started helping me out as Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern played in the background. Damn we're getting old. Now I'm researching platza techniques. Hopefully some of the ideas the attendants threw out are considered. Some of them are:
  • Allowing an attendant to become a "master platza technician"
  • Because of the position and many tasks, allow the attendants to wear clothing that would allow platzas and getting wet.
  • Doing a staff meeting & potluck once or twice a month for some team building


Hopefully that stuff goes down. I also applied to some jobs today. It's about to get on cuz.

I talked to Steph earlier about going to shows and whatnot. My last post also referred to this. Hopefully I'll get on writing about the shows I see. Acts I've seen this year: Common, N*E*R*D, Elzhi, Common Market, Jedi Mind Tricks, Little Brother, Murs, Blue Scholars, Mos Def, The Pharcyde, De La Soul, Nas, ATCQ, Janelle Monae, Ben Kenney, Dyme Def, Macklemore, One.Be.Lo, PackFM, Substantial, CunninLynguists, Lupe Fiasco, Rihanna, Kanye West, DJ Kilmore, etc. Didn't do Bumbershoot this year (!), but I'd love to go to more shows. Dan and his buddy Matt have said that they're planning to watch more shows. With the re-budding music scene here in Seattle, I'm hoping that I'll enjoy going to more again.

*I can't wait until I get a new phone so I can mobile blog. I'm so much more passionate about that kind of writing when the idea is fresh in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SAY SOMETHING.